Monday, January 7, 2008

Tippity, Tap

Daily Stats
Words: 1000
Caffeine: morning cup + midmorning cappuccino (the girl at the B&N's Starbucks cafe asked if I wanted whipped cream on it. It took all my will not to pelt her with my shoe) & midafternoon cappuccino

Evil Calories: Peanut Butter Blossoms (evil. pure evil.)
Reality TV: Project Runway reruns

Sweet merciful crap, it's 2008. Let me begin by saying that Santa was very good to me this year. He sent me a new bad-ass cappuccino maker and a coffee grinder, so I am set for maximum caffeine consumption. Good thing, because I tallied up how much I must have spent last year at Starbucks getting my daily cappuccino and my head almost exploded. Now I can nurture my addiction in the privacy of my own home for less than half the price. Can't beat that!

And I'm happy to announce that yesterday I officially started back on the new book. Granted, I only wrote two lines, and then Word crashed and I lost them. Have I mentioned that I hate my computer with the fiery passion of a thousand suns? It is the biggest piece of crap, and I swear if I ever get published, I'm going to run it over with my car.

Speaking of being published - I just read the blog of an agent that I had queried back in October. I had pretty much given up on her because I never heard back, which kind of ticked me off because I followed her submission guidelines to a T. I even included a self-adhesive envelope for a reply so she wouldn't have to lick anything. When you stick to their guidelines you hope that you're at least worth a form rejection! But I never heard anything. However, in reading her blog, she states that she's just now catching up on queries from the past seven months. Just a faint sparkle of hope that I'll receive another generic "thanks but you suck" letter that I can add to the pile. Yippee!!!!

No comments: