Monday, June 2, 2008

Changing my name to Nigella

Words: C'est si bon!
Caffeine: morning cup + midmorning cappuccino
Evil Calories: several fingerfuls of cookie batter (what? I'm not made of wood, people!)
Reality TV: DVR'ed Next Food Network Star

So, last week I tried to make Madeleines and they went all "The Blob" on me and practically took over my oven (when they say "don't overfill the molds", they mean it). But today, behold...



I know, I know, the small ones look like little dough turds, but damn if the big ones don't look like real Madeleines! Of course...they don't taste like real Madeleines. They taste like bland feet. But, I used a different recipe that had me doing all this crazy melty butter, whippy egg stuff. "The Blob" recipe tasted way better, so I'll try that again now that I have my mold filling skills down.


1 comment:

Amy said...

They look GOOD! I just bought some Madeleines at Trader Joe's yesterday. It's pretty much the only sans chocolate cookie worth eating. Home-baked ones would be tres marveilleux! The coloring on yours looks great (even if they do taste like bland feet).