Saturday, February 21, 2009

RIP (soon please)

Daily Stats:
Words: yes, yes and yes
Caffeine: morning cup
Evil Calories: Easter M&Ms
Reality TV: Project Runway reruns

Did I mention that my computer is dying a slow death? S-L-O-O-O-O-O-O-W, meaning, not completely dead yet. It's only mostly dead. It needs to hurry up and run into the light already, because it's totally vamping out and scaring me. Yes, I'm scared of my computer. This can't be healthy. I'm already afraid of my toaster oven, and I have serious trust issues with my hair dryer. I don't need to be manic about another inanimate object. The scary thing about crap-on-a-stick (pet name for my computer) is the noise coming from the hard drive. It's not just channeling my old Plymouth Arrow. It's also making this horrid, high pitched, nails-on-a-chalkboard sound anytime I pick it up. I'm so afraid it's going to implode or burst into flames or slime me or something. That sound can't be good. Anyone ever had their hard drive go poo? Does it make this sound? Or should I be throwing holy water on it?

3 comments:

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

I have no faith whatsoever in any type of "electronic" equipment (including toasters, hairdryers, computers, lamps - basically anything that plugs in to a wall). When one of these basic necessities of life sneezes, coughs, or bites the big one, I send it to EEH - Electronic Equipment Heaven and find a replacement. I'm SO not green in this area...;-)

Sarah J Clark said...

Considering how throwing holy water on your computer could result in electrocution, I suggest tossing it out the window and investing in a MacBook Pro.

You know what they say about Macs.... once you go Mac you never go back. ;)

Elizabeth said...

Hey VV!
I'm stopping by on my old clunker pc. It's like driving an oldsmobile. Why not just take your laptop out back and shoot it? When is the warrenty up? Did I spell warrenty right?
As for the hairdryer.. well, you know how I feel about that. It'll catch on fire and then what?
Hope all is well in your world otherwise.
xoxo
E