Thursday, February 28, 2008

Deliver Me From the Hallway

Daily Stats
Words: none yet
Caffeine: morning cup
Evil Calories: resisting...fat pants getting snug
Reality TV: American Idol

So today I'm determined to get out of the hallway.

Makes no sense, I know. But believe me, it needs to happen. My MC has been standing in the hallway for about three days now. She needs to find something, and I know full well what that something is, but where she finds it is what's tripping me up. It's something very personal to a loved one who just passed away. My MC has no idea it even exists, so she must stumble upon it by accident.

Of course, I'm trying to be clever about it. Hidden in the back of a bedroom closet seems too obvious. Under the bed seems too lazy. Under the floor boards is way too over the top. I need something subtle, yet clever.

hmmm....maybe a hollowed out book.....or an ice bucket....or in a weird box from an import shop....or a ceramic frog with a hole in the bottom ("you put your weed in it!").

No comments: