Friday, November 2, 2007

crap-fest

Daily Stats
Words: 1600
Caffeine: morning cup (so far...plan to participate in several cappuccinos throughout the day)
Evil Calories: M&M minis (they're good cuz they're small)
Reality TV: suspended due to Nanowrimo

Oh, my God, I cannot believe the crap that is coming out of me! I started Nanowrimo yesterday, and I was not prepared for the more idiotic parts of my brain. The whole point is to just write like a bat out of hell. Turn off your inner editor and just go. I'm realizing that this totally goes against my grain. I'm one of those people that could spend two hours on one paragraph. It's also very hard for me not to not go back and read what I just wrote. It's all very traumatizing and I will somehow push through, but I already hate everything I've written so far.

Of course, I need to remember the hilarity that's in store for me when I go back in December and read everything I've written. Will have box of tissues handy for hysterical outbursts.

Just a side note. I wish I had more nano-buddies. The only person I actually know who's participating is my snarky sister (oh, yes, there's two of us!) Which begs the question...how do you make a nano-buddy? What is the proper etiquette? I mean, you can basically add anyone to your buddy list, but is it presumptuous to just add someone blindly without having had at least a conversation in post or something? And even if you do, at what point do you make them a buddy? It's all very confusing and is giving me a complex.


No comments: