Saturday, November 3, 2007

Nanowrimo site go "squish!"

Daily Stats
Words: 1600
Caffeine: morning cup + midmorning cappuccino
Evil Calories: M&M minis (they're still good cuz they're small)
Reality TV: suspended due to Nanowrimo

I am really happy that so many people are partaking in Nanowrimo this year. However, the record breaking participation has sucker-punched their site. I've been trying to log on all day, and have yet to be successful. Not that I have anything to submit word-count wise, since I spent half the day editing. I know, I know, bad me! But in my defense, I've changed from first-person to third-person, and I couldn't very well just leave the beginning in first-person, now could I?

Speaking of third-person...
I am now God.

Well, I'm
a God, I'm not the God. That would be very time consuming, and frankly, I don't feel up for the challenge. When you're just a God, you can be a little more flaky.

The reason that I am suddenly a God is because I'm now writing in third person. Big move for me because I've never quite understood third person. Who are you, strange omnipresent know-it-all, and how do you know so much about what the characters are thinking? But, I made the move because I just feel it grooves better with my story. I can always change it later if it end up not working.

And that, ladies and gentleman, is the lovely thing about being a writer. I'm inclined to say, in all honestly, that I don't write books, I re-write books that were originally written by a novice version of myself. By the time I get to the end of my book, I am an expert, and can go back and fix what I wrote when I was still learning.

Peace, fuzzy, wuzzies!

No comments: