Friday, May 2, 2008

How to Mess Up Your Self-Esteem

Daily Stats
Words: I'm so behind. Why try and keep track.
Caffeine: morning cup + midmorning cappuccino (what is the deal with Caribou Coffee? Their sizes are weird and their coffee tastes like underpants.)
Evil Calories: Mini Chips A-Hoy
TV: Law & Order mini-marathon on TNT

Have you seen the show How To Look Good Naked on Lifetime with Carson from Queer Eye? I feel so, so, SO bad for the women on this show. Not the woman he's trying to make look good naked, but all the other women that they use to catapult the one woman to nakedness. At one point, they take a bunch of women, all different sizes, and line them up in their undies, and the soon-to-be-happily-naked woman had to pick where she falls in the size line. Could you imagine being one of those women? "Yes, we'd like you to be the fat ass at the furthest end of the fat ass spectrum." Who the hell would want that as their fifteen minutes of fame? "Yes, I was on TV as the worst case scenario". Forget it, I'd spend the rest of my life sinking into a container of Haagen Dazs.

I gotta say, Carson, if your main goal is to make us feel good naked regardless of our size, I'm getting mixed messages here.

What's the strangest thing you've seen on TV lately?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Boobha.
Have you seen this hallucinogenic creation?
Brilliant.
It has my daughter entranced.
PS
I know every word on Fumbling Towards Ectasy.