Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday (sort of but not really) funny

Daily Stats:
Words: some
Caffeine: blegh
Evil Calories: blegh
Reality TV: blegh

Darling son passed the plague on me. It's fun dividing your time between sleeping and feeling like you're going to die. It has put a serious damper on my tryst with the treadmill. I'm hoping she'll be understanding. She gets ugly when she's angry.

So, with my brain set on gravy, I've not much to say, so I though I'd take this opportunity to tell my joke. Yes, my joke. Everyone needs a joke. If you don't have one, get one (but don't steal mine or I'll send the plague after you).

Bobby, a spry young man with taste for fast cars and even faster women, set his sights on Marie, a shy girl from quiet little part of town. Bobby finally asked Marie out, and Marie accepted. Like so many star-crossed lovers before them, they had their first date at the county fair. As they made their way through the sea of overalls and pleather, Bobby asked Marie what she wanted to do first.

“I think I want to get weighed,” she replied.

So, they went to the “guess your weight within a pound and win a crappy Dokken poster” booth. The toothless man guessed Marie’s weight dead on (112 lbs) and they walked away empty handed. After blowing an hour at the ring toss game, again Bobby asked Marie what she wanted to do.

“I really want to get weighed,” she replied.

So, back they went to the toothless guy, who guessed correctly again, and happily took another five dollars from Bobby. Totally annoyed and finding Marie boring as hell, Bobby cut the date short and took her home.

"How was your date?" asked Marie's dad when she walked in.

“Eh...It was wousy,” she replied.

5 comments:

Elise Murphy said...

Ha! I can't tell a joke to save my life . . . and I am so slooooow to get them. But that was pretty funny. Hope you feel better soon!

Amy said...

Poor sissy, I hope you're feeling better today!

And that joke made me laugh, probably because I could hear you saying it!

Ray Veen said...

Amy, does she do voices and everything? A joke like that needs voices.

I'm more of a physical comedy kind of guy. So watch this....

And now this....

Get it?

Elizabeth said...

You and BPV are just too funny!
Hey! Pass the bong this way!

Anyone got pie? I love pie.

Tracey said...

Thanks for the smile. Hope you're feeling better.