Friday, October 5, 2007

Frizzlefarts

Daily Stats
Words: a lot written and deleted over and over again
Caffeine: morning cup + midmorning cappuccino
Evil Calories: Banana Bread...homemade, too!
Reality TV: Kathy Griffin's Life of the D-List 1st season on DVD from Netflix

I used to work with a girl who said "frizzlefarts". Where you and I would most likely say, "Oh, crap" or "dammit", she said "frizzlefarts". "Oh, frizzlefarts, I'm late for my meeting." It was annoying as hell. But out of respect for my fan base (again, that's my three-legged cat and the people at Wolferman's), I'm trying not to swear as much. So today, instead of summing up my completely frustration with harsh language, I'm simply saying : Frizzlefarts!! FRIZZLEFARTS!!

FRIZZLEFARTS, FRIZZLEFARTS, FRIZZLEFARTS!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now that that's out in the open, I'm so frustrated. I won't go into detail, but trying to make a career out of being a writer is hard. Currently, I'm revising my first chapter, rewriting my synopsis and my query letter. I have an enormous headache, it's about nine-hundred degrees outside (hello! its October! why am I sweating?) and everything I write sounds stupid.

On the upside (there's always an upside, people) I just read on one of my favorite blogs that Enchanted Inc., a very cool book by Shanna Swendson, is going to be made into a movie. Very excited about that! Now I'm dying to see who they cast as Owen. I actually always pictured him as Luke Wilson. Does anyone else do that? Picture actors in the roles as they're reading? I always do. Like...Becky Bloomwood in the Shopaholic series I saw as Kate Winslet. Not sure who Luke Brandon would be. Maybe Clive Owen? (seriously, could he be hotter?)

Ok, gotta get back to my headache and the oppressive heat.

Kisses!

1 comment:

Judy1111 said...

Not sure why the people at Wolferman's would be in your fan base, but I'm not among the company's fans.


Wolferman's has the WORST customer service I've ever experienced. Glad you got your muffins, but trying to actually place an order through this company is impossible if you want the free shipping that they lie about on the front page of the catalog.

When I called the customer service number, I got "Chris," who was chewing on a hard piece of candy in my ear. When I explained to him that I entered my "M" number from the back of the catalog into their Web site, and I ordered more than the $55 minimum to receive the free shipping, AND it was before the Dec. 16, 2007 deadline, yet I still wasn't given free shipping, he only said, "I have no other information from my supervisor to give you," and then chomped on his candy.

When I indicated that I would be calling their corporate office to complain about him, all he did was laugh and hang up. There are millions of other catalogs arriving on my doorstep every day, so laugh about that Wolferman's!

I'm on a mission to post bad blogs about this company everywhere I see its name.