Wednesday, October 3, 2007

what fresh hell is this?

Daily Stats
Words: zilch
Caffeine: morning cup + midmorning iced soy latte
Evil Calories: yummy Hershey nugget things I found whilst cleaning out my pantry
Reality TV: Top Chef season finale

Wow, it's been eons since I've posted. Not that anyone is upset, since my fan base consists of my three legged cat and the people at Wolferman's who email me every three minutes (I ordered my dad a gift basket once about ten years ago. Give it up, people, it's not going to happen again!) Anyway, I'm sure you're all dying to know where I am with my book.

The book is DONE! Finished. It's been edited,revised, edited, revised, edited, revised, edited again and if I look at it one more time I'm going to puke. I have never been so sick of my brain in my entire life.

And now I'm on to the truly horrid stuff. Querying agents. It's hell. Pure hell. Much worse than I thought it would be. I hadn't factored in the waiting game. Waiting....and wondering...and waiting...and wondering...(Did they get it? Do they hate it? Did they post it in the kitchen and throw darts at it? Did Jimbo, the half-stoned mailroom guy use it as toilet paper? Did the agent gather up all the other agents to point and laugh at it?) It's emotionally draining. I know, I know, I have to have thick skin, and it's not reflection on me as a writer, bla, bla, bla. Believe me, I've read all the books, taken in all the advice, but it's still hard. But, I keep reminding myself that when my dear friend Shannon read the book, she almost peed her pants laughing. Though...she pretty much almost pees her pants at just about anything I say. But still...

No comments: