Sunday, November 2, 2008

Rocky start

Daily Stats:
Words: none so far
Caffeine: morning cup
Evil Calories: far too much halloween candy
Reality TV: suspended due to NaNoWriMo

I had the most craptastic start to NaNo yesterday. For some reason, writing the beginning of this WIP feels like I'm trying to do the breast stroke in a pool of gravy with angry badgers tied to my limbs. But I pushed through, came in 200 over my daily word quota and am now at the point in the story that I'm excited to write. Beginnings always feel clumsy to me. Trying to introduce everything w/out the feared "info-dumping" pitfall. *whines* It's hard!!!!!!

Anyhoo, I was delighted to wake up and realize that we're off daylight savings this morning, so I've earned myself a whole additional hour of writing (as long as I stick to my plan of ignoring laundry, yard work and the evil beckoning of the mall).


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You go! Go! Go! Go!
Evil badgers be gone!
You need a big magical ring to to use as a force field. They should sell special rings for this month for you guys. Hmm... good idea

Vikki said...

OMG, Elizabeth, I have a "magic" ring that I wear when I sit and write my NaNo stuff!!!!! That's so weird that you said that! Not sure if it keeps the pissy badgers away, but it definitely helps the flow of things. I'm going to have a pic of it in one of my posts later this week.

Eileen said...

damn those angry badgers.