Friday, October 31, 2008

Wanna see something REALLY scary?

Daily Stats:
Words: boo!
Caffeine: goulish morning cup
Evil Calories: brains! eyeballs! entrails!!! Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!
Reality TV: DVR Celebrity Rehab (scary shit, man)

Hello, creepies! You come to visit me on my favorite holiday of the year, and for that, I will forever want to eat your brain (in a nice way). May your day be full of frights and copious amounts of candy. And make sure you remember to give mad props to the Celts, for had they not celebrated the festival of Samhain 2000 years ago, building huge sacred bonfires and sacrificing little furry friends to the Celtic deities, today would just be another boring day in October.

On this most festive of occasions, I have decided to hold a contest. Since I'm totally broke and am serving shaved ice salads for dinner, I can't promise an outrageous monetary reward. In fact, I can't even promise a meager monetary reward. Basically, you get nothing substantial if you win. But, if you're up for shits and giggles, the winner will have an opportunity to guest blog on Cursing in Heels sometime in November, when I'm eyeballs deep in NaNoWriMo!

(of course, most of the people who read my blog have their own blogs, so...this will basically be creating double to work for them. Sounds like a fun, yes?)

So, to win this exclusive (lame) prize, you must be the first person to name which movie the title of this post is from. I'll give you a hint...it is spoken twice in the movie by the same character, once at the beginning, and once at the end.

Speaking of NaNoWriMo...the countdown is on and come tomorrow morning at butt-crack-of-dawn a.m., I will be plunging in head first. 50K words by the end of November. Holy bat shit. I have no clue how I'm going to pull it off. However, I am committed to my blog and will continue to post, though the posts may veer a bit from the usual. I may post my favorite youtube vids, horrifying teenage pictures of myself, excerpts from my NaNo novel. Hopefully you'll continue to be entertained. Or mildly amused. Or at least you'll still visit in hopes that I'll say something really stupid (you know it'll happen).

So, a sinister, spooky, most frightful Halloween to you, my creepies!

6 comments:

Amy said...

It's that movie with all the separate stories...and Dan Ackroyd is driving the ambulance...crap crap crap....

TWILIGHT ZONE!!

Winner! I'm a winner!

Didn't watch Celeb Rehab yet. Didn't want to hear running spousal and parental commentary about it.

Vikki said...

Yep!! Twilight Zone it is. Remember the last story with John Lithgow on the plane and he keeps seeing that creepy, demon thing the wing. AHHHHHHH!!!

Okay, so you get to guest blog, although I have to approve all content (don't want another Birkenstock incident on my hands).

Tracey said...

I knew the answer, but will be too busy freaking out to guest blog. LOL (ok, I had to google it - I was wayyyy too young when I saw Twilight Zone to remember that - though I do remember the airplane thing).
I'll be joining you bright & early tomorrow. Had a test run today & got up at 6. It actually didn't kill me.

Anonymous said...

Yahay, it is upon us - welcome once again to the madness that is Nanowrimo! I am wearing the T-shirt for luck and good measure (I also want to be able to say 'been there, done that, wore the T-shirt' if anyone asks. They never do, but hey.) Wish you all the best with Dawn and all that, I am having a Lion myself (until at least ten in the morning). Go, go, go!

You know Dorothy would love this.
LM

Elizabeth said...

I don't know what we're talking about. I'm still deaf and over stimulated from my front row seats at the Madonna concert (don't hate). And I'm running on 3 hours sleep and just did the Halloween thing and have digested 1000lbs of chocolate to boot.
So do I win?

Vikki said...

Yahoo...NaNoWriMo is on!!! (I need to get me one of the t-shirts, I think. Should shopping online come before or after my daily word quota?)

So tell us, Elizabeth...did Madonna make you feel sticky and/or sweet? (okay, that sounded funnier in my head.) Sleep deprivation and 1000lbs of chocolate...you should really be NaNo-ing with us!