Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ah, nostalgia...

Daily Stats:
Words: enough
Caffeine: morning cup so far
Evil Calories: chocolate chip cookies
Reality TV: Top Design

Remember Mad Libs? Possibly one of my all time favorite childhood games. Though, I proudly admit to partaking in the game well into my 20's. Gather a few possibly not fully sober people with a less-than-average grasp of the English language, and it can become "laugh-so-hard-you-pee-a-little-bit" funny. In fact, one of my daily mottos is based on a Mad Lib from the days of yore. When things in life are going pear shaped, I will often utter, "save me from this terrible yellow". I can't remember what the Mad Lib was about or to whom I threw that clever adjective, but it stuck.

So, I was being geeky (read: my normal self) and found myself cavorting in strange corners of the web when I found the official Mad Libs website. After shrieking, "holy balls!" and waking my poor husband out of a post-chocolate chip cookie binge coma, I did something that I never dreamed possible. I PLAYED MAD LIBS ONLINE! I somehow feel changed now. Mad Libs online, you complete me.

Behold...(i'm having formatting issues, so I hope you can read this. If not, go to Mad Libs online and do you own! Also,
I would like to point out that "Al Roker" and "bald" showing up in the same sentence is a total fluke, and is an example of the glory that is Mad Libs.)






8 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Hilarious. Love Mad Libs. :)

Amy said...

Sweet!! I remember doing all the Mad Libs on the plane on that endless flight to Minnesota. Dude, we cracked ourselves up.

Ray Veen said...

Hey, what's your comment page doing? It's kind of creeping me out. Not sure if I can even comment now.

I just came from Carrie's blog, and I'm wondering: did the toaster name, "evil douche bag" come from a mad lib?

Amy said...

Oh no, the term "douche bag" is pretty much Ms. Alden's descriptive of choice.

You know what would be an entertaining post for her blog? An interview with her sister featuring questions about her from her vast fanbase!

Vikki said...

Yeah, what the heck happened to my comment section? It's all wonky!

Okay, I think I fixed it. Silly computer demons...

Ms. Ellis, you want me to interview you featuring questions about me from your vast fanbase? Or...you interview me with questions about...you? Wait...wha...? Hittin' the Pinot a little hard today, yes?

Elizabeth said...

Was Mad Libs before my time or something? This is the first I've heard of it. Maybe it's a USA thing. I speant my childhood learning how to tap trees for syrup, build igloos, ice fish and play hockey.

Vikki said...

*GASP*

E-beth...you've never heard of Mad Libs????????? This troubles me! I guess it could be a US thing...but I spent the majority of my Mad Libs years in Alaska, and they were readily available there! (side bar - hey, we could build igloos together!!)

The gist is that you buy a book of Mad Libs (they always have a different theme) and each page has a different Mad Lib story. All the nouns, adjectives, verbs, etc are blank, and so one person just asks the other person for a noun, an adjective, a verb, etc and fills it in. Then you read the story and pee your pants laughing. You must go to the website an play. Go, go, go!!!!

Elizabeth said...

More incontinence fun?
I'm in!!!