Monday, October 13, 2008

Getting to know you...

Daily Stats:
Words: 500,000,000,000,000
Caffeine: morning cup + midday iced latte
Evil Calories: some Cadbury chocolate eggs I found hiding the in freezer
Reality TV: DVR'd The Chef Jeff Project

Okay, I usually just delete these emails. You know the ones...cut and paste the question and fill in your own answers, then send it to everyone you know. They annoy me about as much as those horrid chain emails that promise sacks of cash to magically appear if I send it to exactly 33.7 people, and if I don't send it at all my head will fall off and the world will end. But I had a little time to burn, so here it is...probably more than you ever wanted to know about me.

Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?
Rick Springfield (shut-up…it was the 80’s)

What type of pets do you have?
2 felines - one three-legged wheezing monster and a grouchy old bitty who hisses at air

What is your favorite color?
Blue-ish, green-ish, red-ish purple

What is most memorable about your high school years?
Bad spiral perms, failing algebra, having a crush on my neighbor Brandon, who always made fun of my shoes, cutting class to drive to Santa Cruz to see all the places from The Lost Boys, getting caught and being grounded.

What word describes you best?
human

What drives you every day?
Caffeine

What is your favorite food?
The kind that tastes good

What is your business goal this year?
to distract my husband with shiny things so he doesn’t look at our credit card bills

Who do you admire?
All my fellow writer friends and the girl down at Starbucks who makes really good cappuccino foam

What is your mission?
To point out people who walk funny

If you were invisible, where would you go?
To Clive Owen’s house

What turns you off?
People that ask stupid questions, like “what turns you off?”

If you were on an island, who would you want to be with?
Someone with a large boat parked nearby

You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?
The plight of the Northern hairy-nosed wombat (c’mon, like anyone would be sober and paying attention anyway)

Riveting, yes? Don't you feel closer to me now? (barf)

Anyhoo, if you're bored and have time to kill, feel free to leave your version in the comments section.

8 comments:

Amy said...

I find that these are particularly awesome on Mondays when it’s dark and cold and all I want to eat is fried chicken with bacon and onion rings and waffle fries and bacon and cheese and then maybe some more bacon.

Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?
Dirk Benedict. I always planned on being Mrs. Starbuck.

What type of pets do you have?
Like I need another creature clean up after.

What is your favorite color?
Black. The sky is black, my pants are black, my coat is black, my heart is black.

What is most memorable about your high school years?
Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad hair. Preppy beeyotches. No one EVER wore jeans. Finding my sister hanging out at the diner when she told our parents she was going to the movies.

What word describes you best?
Whatever.

What drives you every day?
Sunlight. Except there’s no sunlight. So caffeine, bacon, and chocolate.

What is your favorite food?
Does it have bacon?

What is your business goal this year?
Uhhh…. To get paid. That would be good.

Who do you admire?
Tina Fey. She’s a writer, she proves that smart people are funny, and she gets PAID for it. When does that ever happen?

What is your mission?
To corrupt my brain with as much trash reality TV as possible. BRING BACK CELEBRITY REHAB (that’s for you, Ms. Alden)

If you were invisible, where would you go?
Hawaii for free. And I’d sit on people in First Class until they demanded to be relocated.


What turns you off?
Stupid people. Especially in-bred stupid people who wouldn’t know a fact if it smacked them on their front-butt and say moronic things like, “I done heard that Obama was one o’them Mooslims so I are skeered o’him.”

If you were on an island, who would you want to be with?
Anyone who could make umbrella drinks really well.

You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?
Grow the hell up, get a job, and move out of your mommy’s house, losers.

Vikki said...

I so don't remember that diner thing. Did I really do that? When? In NY? I think you're making it up. (okay, it sounds exactly like something I would have done, but seriously, I don't remember it. Sad, sad, sad.)

Ray Veen said...

Favorite celebrity - Lee Majors (the fall guy)

Other than that, I have no favorites or dreams or desires of any kind.

Of course if Ms. Ellis is passing umbrella drinks around...

Tracey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracey said...

whoa! sorry about the bizarre formatting, or lack thereof. My hubby's computer is acting odd (although that's a major improvement over mine!)

Tracey said...

Ok, I just had to delete that hellish mess of a comment. Don't have the energy to repost it right now.

Eileen said...

I do feel closer actually.

Elizabeth said...

I loved Scott Baio. Ok I watched his show on Muchmusic. I wrote my only fan letter to him when I was 12.
I love you Scott!

If I was invisible, where would I go? Oh man, I would be such a peeping tom. I would go see Brandgelina, pretend to do a 3some with them.

Ok that's all I got.