Caffeine: morning cup + mid-morning cappuccino
Evil Calories: Going out to dinner tonight. Will have super meaty steak and a vat of Guinness. Will feel like tranquilized bear tomorrow.
Reality TV: DVR'd Tim Gunn's Guide to Style
Creepy. This photo was taken by my hubby. It's a tree in a graveyard just up the street from our house. Could there possibly be a better graveyard tree? It's all gnarled and twisted...plus the graveyard is like a gazillion years old, which ups the creep factor. And...while he was there, he said the temperature felt about 10 degrees colder right in front of the tree. AHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Speaking of AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! ...with Halloween just around the corner, I though I would share a list of my top 10 favorite Halloween flicks that I must enjoy at least once during the holiday, or the rest of my year is all wonky.
1. The Omen (the original, mind you)
2. Rocky Horror Picture Show
3. Night of the Living Dead (they're coming to get you, Barbara....ah, love it, love it, love it!!!!)
4. Nightmare before Christmas
5. The original Disney Legend of Sleepy Hollow. (Shut up, it's freaky as hell! When Ichabod Crane is riding home from the party through the graveyard. It's totally creepy! You know, Disney used to make scary stuff. When we were little, we had the Disney Halloween sounds album. OMG, the haunted house one still gives me chills.)
7. Dawn of the Dead - the 2004 remake (the end of this movie is one of the best I've ever seen in any zombie/undead flick ever!)
8. American Werewolf in London
9. Evil Dead II
10. The Addiction (This is the best vampire flick ever! It's intelligent and awesomely bloody.)
And the following are the movies that I CANNOT watch:
1. The Shining
2. The Exorcist
3. The Thing
I'm sorry, I just can't. I sometimes make it to the "hot chick in bathtub" scene in The Shining, but I usually burrow into my couch after that. And don't even get me started on The Exorcist. Nope. Nope. Nope.
What are your favorite Halloween movies?